We are committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy. This policy applies when you access the Wild Night Out Website and social media sites (together our Sites) that collect data.
1. Data Controller
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, Ordnance Survey Limited is the Data Controller (referred to hereafter as ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’)
2. Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
a. Information you give us (Submitted information):
You may give us information about you by registering on our Sites to take part in Wild Night Out or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number, a username, password and any other registration information, personal profile description and photograph.
b. Information we collect about you and your device (Device information):
Each time you visit or use our Sites we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, and/or time zone setting;
- details of your visits to any of our Sites including, but not limited to, Internet protocol (IP) address used by your device, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access(Log Information);
- URL click stream information showing how users have reached our Site and/or Services and whether they access other third party sites via any external links.
4. How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
a. Submitted Information:
- To provide you with, or allow you access to, the Wild Night Our welcome packs;
- To provide you with further information about the Wild Night Out you have registered for, for example, ideas, tips and tools for your activities, news articles about other participants;
- To track the registrations;
- To respond to your enquiries and complaints and provide you with the information you request from us;
- To provide you with information about future wild night out events if you have consented to such communications;
- To provide you with the Ordnance Survey Leisure #GetOutside newsletter which provides the latest OS news, competitions, inspiration to GetOutside, great offers on essential outdoor gear and information on other goods and services which we feel may interest you, if you have consented to such communications.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way please indicate this when you register to participate in Wild Night Out. If you change your mind, you can unsubscribe at any time via the unsubscribe link in the relevant emails.
b. Device information:
- To administer our Sites for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Sites, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure;
- To determine which features your Device supports which assists our development strategy.
c. Log information:
- To track Wild Night Out registrations;
- To monitor data traffic and any patterns of use;
- Track the success of our marketing activity;
- To ask you to send us reviews about your Wild Night Out activities.
OS will not disclose information about identifiable individuals to third parties, but we may provide them with anonymous aggregate information (for example, we may inform them of the number of persons who have registered to participate in Wild Night Out).
5. Disclosure of your information
OS may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
OS may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
In order to:
- enforce or apply the website terms or to investigate potential breaches; or
- to protect the rights, property or safety of our group companies, our suppliers and/or our customers. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We will provide your personal data to third party suppliers to the extent they need the data to perform their functions and for no other purpose. These include administering our customer emailing lists and administering our customer feedback service.
6. Where we store your personal data
When you register for the annual Wild Night Out event we will invite you to opt in to receive information about future Wild Night Out events and other marketing communications from Ordnance Survey. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for such purposes – please check the appropriate boxes during the registration process or on subsequent communications. You can also exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at Customer Services, Ordnance Survey, Explorer House, Adanac Drive, Southampton SO16 0AS or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Sites may contain links to and from third party websites, such as the websites of the charities benefiting from monies raised from Wild Night Out and websites on which Wild Night Out is advertised. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
7. Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access personal information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Details on how to submit a Subject Access Request can be found on our data protection page.
8. Retaining your information and unsubscribing
- If you do not want us to retain any of your data, please let us know by post or by email using the contact details at the end of this policy.
- You can unsubscribe from our newsletters and emails by the following methods:
- using the ‘unsubscribe’ button displayed on our emails; or
- if you have an account with us, by changing your email preferences on your account; or
- by sending an email to email@example.com asking us to unsubscribe you; or by writing to Customer Services, Ordnance Survey, Explorer House, Adanac Drive, Southampton SO16 0AS.
- We will store your personal data for no longer than necessary to fulfil the contract or service we provide to you. We may retain your personal data for a reasonable period afterward to allow us to respond to any follow-up enquiries or complaints, or for as long as you remain a registered user of our products and services.
9. Data security
- Once it is within our control, we ensure your personal data is kept confidential by storing it on our secure systems or taking other appropriate measures to ensure that it remains private.
- The security of your data is outside our control until we have received it. Transmission of data to us via the internet may not be secure.
10. Changing this policy
11. Contacting us
Call: 03456 05 05 05 (Monday - Friday: 8.30am-5.30pm - call charges apply)
Post: Customer Services, Ordnance Survey, Explorer House, Adanac Drive, Southampton, SO16 0AS